Tough Week

Standard

I was really hoping my next post would be a happy one.  Instead it’s more of an ‘ugh’ and ‘meh’ post (sorry).

Today is CD 16 and I’ve been using OPKs for 6 days now.  I haven’t had any positive tests yet.  One I was pretty hopeful about and then the next day it was light again, grr.  Also, haven’t had any temperature rises so I’m at least hopeful that I haven’t missed it.  I’ve heard others say that they didn’t ovulate until CD 21 and as late as CD 25 so I’m still marginally hopeful.  However, my CD 21 blood work is on Tuesday so I’m trying to prepare myself for that to be negative at this point.

Now for the bad news:  we might be putting trying to conceive on hold for a short time.  And I’m kind of kicking and screaming about it.

After meeting with my chiropractor again, she decided that we really haven’t made enough progress and with me being on a medicated cycle and really actively TTC she thinks we need to take a more aggressive approach to getting my tailbone back to normal.  She referred me to a pain management specialist and I met with him this past Tuesday.  He ordered an MRI (two actually) and will mostly likely be treating me with injections, I think.  Of course I brought up Clomid and that we’re actively trying and he strongly encouraged that we take a break until this is sorted out because I obviously, can’t get injections if I’m pregnant.  So that’s super annoying.  I told him that I was in the middle of a cycle but hadn’t ovulated yet so I was really hoping we could miraculously get all this taken care of before I do.  He said that it was probably doable if I could get in for an MRI ASAP.  Of course the MRI place didn’t have any openings until next Tuesday.

After discussing it with Joe that evening, we decided that we didn’t want to waste this cycle and would just continue on and hope for the best.  I have pretty mixed feelings on it.  On the one hand I don’t want to just throw this cycle away and on the other I am a little worried about what it would be like to be pregnant and still have tailbone issues.  The chiropractor also said that it could cause further complications with labor and delivery.  I was trying to imagine what those might be.  I was too upset to really go in depth with her about it.  Joe seems to think that the injections will only be alleviating the pain and not actually correcting the problem so he’s unsure how not having the injections would cause further problems.  I’m inclined to agree with him but obviously we are not doctors.

I think for now we’re just going to wait and see what the MRI shows and then go from there.  I keep worrying about the what ifs.  What if I ovulate this weekend before the MRI, do I still get it?, what if I don’t ovulate and we need to go see an RE, etc.  Thank goodness for my husband.  He does his best to keep me grounded and he’s much more of the philosophy, “we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.”  I wish I could be more like that.

More updates after the MRI and blood work next week.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Tough Week

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s